New Year, New Post! I'm back from an extended stay at my parents' for the holidays. I love 'em to death, but it's always nice to be home. :) While I was there, I was of course still religiously checking my email and myspace...and good thing, for I found some long, lost friends from my days in Michigan that I haven't seen or even spoken to since high school. One of those being my friend, Mark. Even more exciting than finding an old friend, I also found in him a new brother! Mark and I started catching up back and forth through emails and I asked him what recently drew him to Christ. I think that he was where a lot of people find themselves right now, that they realize something in their life is missing and they don't really feel like they're any different from anyone else. They know about God, but it's still not the same as accepting Him. I see so many of my friends in his story, that I asked him if I could share it. So that's what this is:
"As for my spiritual journey with God, it actually has been quite a long one. My parents have been divorced since I was about two, so that hasn't helped with giving me any family structure and guidance. It was during high school and into college when I really started thinking seriously about God and what He means to me and all of humanity. My brother has been saved for about six years now and has been a HUGE encouragement to me and given me an ideal life to look up to. Things up in Michigan were getting a little shaky, nothing bad, but I didn't feel like my life was leading anywhere and that it didn't have much purpose. So, I decided to move down to Fort Myers, where my dad had been living for about 7 years prior. I lived with him for the summer and then moved into the dorms for two years at Gulf Coast University to finish up my Education courses. I met some really nice people in college, but none that enjoyed life in the same way that I did. They were either 35 year old women or they were 21 year old women that only wanted to party. It wasn't until I started teaching this year and got involved with a local church, that my relationships began to actaully mean something. Just out of nowhere, I just started attending this church every week, which is held in the movie theater here in town. The services are amazing and just really touch my heart and fill my life. The whole process of finding God and accepting Jesus in to my life had taken about 2 solid months of worship and time spent with God. Then, I just decided to take the next step and make it official, and ever since, my life has been changed for the better. It probably sounds like the typical story, but living it is a much greater experience than I could ever write to you."
Thanks, Mark. It might seem like a typical story, but for those who are yet to experience it, it's the most beautiful story ever written.
*P.S. Blog title and picture both borrowed, thanks to Mark.*

1 comment:
That story is so encouraging. That could have very easily been a story by someone who came and visited Mosaic.
We are going to be part of a community that is going to share that kind of life change with people...isn't it amazing and exciting!! God is going to change their lives FOREVER. There will be a moments when the old is the old and the new is the new. Can't wait!!
Post a Comment