I definitely have a love/hate relationship with my gym. Love the results when I'm actually going, but hate the way I'm too sore to do anything after not being there for a few weeks. If it's not one thing (parent conferences, after school meetings), it's another (having strep throat, being on prescription meds for like a month) and I feel like I can never go consistently. So I can't get to that point where I'm able to run my brains out for an hour (ha...I'm drenched after only 30 minutes of a steady run at this point) or where I can actually lift day after day. My muscles are in such shock after just one day of being worked that when I even try get of bed in the morning they're like, "Jigga what!?" and plead their point of not going for day 2 by cramping up on me. Nice, guys. Thanks.I guess I probably shouldn't have gone today since I'm still under the influence of strep, however, I am to the point of no return! I am done waiting to be "healthy" before going back (or I may never make it!) and I am challenging my immune system. What up! I ran and lifted today and I am DETERMINED to go tomorrow...even if that means going at like 8:00 once I finally get home from meetings and such. This is day 1 of a new phase. The phase called, well, "Going back to the gym" I suppose... At least, until I realize I can't do it without sleep. Ha! Stay tuned. I'll need the encouragement so I don't give up!! This is something that I truly want to do!

2 comments:
funny that you posted this today. i actually worked out for 2 1/2 hours yesterday. i have been sick or busy every day for the past month and a half. it's crazy....i always feel like if i wait till i feel like going to the gym, then i will be more committed...when the truth is...i am never really going to feel like it. SO yesterday was the first day of this timeless renewed commitment. good luck to you!
"Jigga what?" Ha...girl...you need encouragment...I'll give it to you like in those rocky movies...I'll go run with you but only if we get to do stairs with some really crazy 80's music in the background...but make sure there is an ambulance close by...cuz this sista an't runnin less somebody's threatnin her life...but hey...I'll throw water/gatoraid on ya and do crazy cheerleading splits...ok realistically small jumps as not to pull a hamstring...did someone say ham? Yah...you get it...press on...you can do it...and if you can't do it...Noooo body can. I heart you! *b
Post a Comment