I've been trying to get back into a few routines lately...okay, for the past 2 days. Since I don't have time to work out, I am trying to at least start back slowly by doing crunches. And not eating so much chocolate during the week. 2 days down...and mostly productive. I'm also making sure to schedule a specific quiet time with God. I hate that I have to schedule it like a meeting, but who am I kidding? If I don't schedule it, it doesn't happen. So that's new/old routine #2. It's gotten me thinking back to my old church camp days and how I used to write down 5 things that I was thankful for every night before I went to bed. And really...I think we should all take a little more time to reflect on the blessings in our lives, no matter how small. So here are my 5 things for today:
*Friends at school - I had a couple of good laughs today as I was passing other classes in the hallway. We usually roll our eyes at each other or mumble something about wanting to lose one of our children, but today I had a glimpse of real connections with some girls that I truly love.
*Orange Juice - (Hey...I said that they could be small. Not all blessings have to be miracles after all!) In my efforts to not stuff myself full of chocolate each and every day, I've had to make some substitutes and orange juice has been my snack at home. I'm going through it like oxygen, but I don't see how this is such a bad thing!
*Krissy Litwiler - My co-leader for small group. Even in conversations such as today where we were just discussing dates and what to do about taking time off for the holidays, she is always a blessing to me.
*Trees - You know how they say you don't know what you've got until it's gone? Well, my apartment complex was named on the basis that there were trees surrounding the entire property. At least there were. Until yesterday. Apparently "We'd rather see bulidings than trees" is going to be the new name of the property...make way for Phase 2. The trees have all been leveled, to the point that I thought I had somehow made a wrong turn and was in a different complex. How I will miss the beautiful colors and the scenery I was blessed with this fall.
*IM - I usually hate my instant messenger and really only have it on to keep up with a few important people who tend to do the same thing and only stay on for people like me. But tonight, it provided me with many a belly laugh as I talked to my sister about Christmas presents, all-things-Scottish (hmmm...I wonder where that came from...), America's Next Top Model, The Torkelsons (Free Disney Weekend...anyone???) and who knows what else. She really cracks me up.
Thank you, Lord, for these and the many other blessings you gave to me today. Those that I was fortunate to see as well as those that I missed in the chronic busyness of everyday.
11.15.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment