11.29.2005

Follow the Yellow Brick Road?


I don't know how much you know about my whole situation, but if you know me, then you probably know that I'm recently single. Well...about a month now, I suppose. A month tomorrow. Wow. Anyway, without getting into all of the annoying details, it basically came down to the distance. I came out here last July because I felt like this was where God was calling me to. And ever since I've been here, I've felt reassurance that this IS where God wants me. I feel it both at school for the people I work with and now also with Mosaic. (Which is why it was so easy for me to jump in with both feet and not look back about leaving my other church.) When it came down to it, I just couldn't find peace about moving. Prayer after constant prayer. So I stayed because I'm trying to listen to (what I'm pretty positive is) God.

When my boyfriend and I first broke up, I felt encouraged by the Lord through the people in my church. People that I barely know are constantly checking up on me to see how I'm doing and if there's anything I need. That's pretty much my constant prayer right now...that God will continue to encourage and reassure me that this IS where I'm supposed to be and that I didn't make a mistake. (Because there are certainly moments when I wonder if I did...) And God continues to comes through. Throughout Naeem's entire message on Sunday morning, I felt constant nudging from God..."See? Even when I don't show up the way you thought I would, you can still trust me that I haven't given up on you...See? If you can feel your emotions but separate them from your decisions, you'll be able to follow my leading....See? You're uncomfortable, you're living on the edge to follow me which is a clear sign that you're trying to make the right decisions....See? Let go of it all and I will bring you something unimaginable..." It was exactly what I needed to hear on a day that my confidence was teetering. I have been reassured and encouraged by God speaking through Naeem multiple times. I don't know why we all assume that our pastors always have it together and don't need any encouragement, but I have a feeling that's not exactly right.


Keep focusing on God and trying to follow His direction and if you're on the right road, He will let you know. It might be through other means (other people, teachings, books, a song on the radio...) but if you can keep Him in the front of your mind, He'll definitely reveal that to you. And it can change your mood completely around...even on a day when you think you've messed everything up and there's no way that your life can ever be even close to that good again, let alone better! Wait on the Lord. He'll surprise you. Maybe not by automatically blessing your life with what you think is missing, but restoring your hope in Him. In the end, I think that's even better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you...aren't you the professional blogger? Man...nice page for being so "new" to this whole thing...and thanx for sharing what's on your heart...it takes guts to do that. I can see God working in your life...as we speak. Keep Him in the forefront and know He'll never put more on you then you can handle...and that His plans are to prosper you not to harm you, and to give you hope and a future...so press on...cuz you my friend are an encouragement to me...everyday...bet you didn't know that huh? Well now you do...come home soon...lv...*b