During worship last night, I was feeling that my life was a never-ending story; that this whole week has just run into one ridiculously long day. But then I feel guilty that I'm all worn out because my days are full of all "church" stuff...meetings, practices, investing in relationships, etc. If it's all work for the glory of the Lord, then I shouldn't need refreshing, right?? Well, that would be nice, but I've come to realize that it isn't the case. I have a hard time with taking time for myself, even when it comes to going to bed at night, and I just realized last night that it's such a necessity. If I don't take time away from the tasks and schedules and things to be done, then I'll never be able to accomplish anything because my heart will be run down and I'll have no drive to carry on. We sang this song by Hillsong last night and it really helped a lot. It's called "Rest in You." Even after practicing it all week, I still never really grasped the words until we were singing it. I guess that's what getting before the Lord is all about. He'll show you what you're otherwise missing on your own.Your faithfulness endures always
Where mountains fall and reason fails.
And You calm the raging seas.
And You calm the storms in me, again.
All I know is I find rest in You.
All I know is I find rest in You.
My heart will praise throughout the night
Where singing seems a sacrifice.
And You calm the raging seas
And You calm the storms in me, again.
All I know is I find rest in You.
All I know is I find rest in You.
Your grace is all I need.
Your grace is all I need.

3 comments:
Hi there........I'm a complete stranger to you, but I kinda chanced upon your profile in myspace and followed the links. I'm from the area (Mt. Holly), and have been interested in how Mosaic's been coming along. I really wish I could make it to one of your worship services sometime, but seeing as how I work at church myself, and we have worship at the same time.....well, you know.
Anyway, sounds like y'all have a good thing going. All praise to God for that! Keep us posted on how it goes, and maybe I'll get to Mosaic ONE of these days at least......
God bless.
derek--
mosaic has a staff blog that updates what is going on with us. you can check it out at www.mosaicstaff.blogspot.com you can also check us out here: www.mosaicchurch.tv
Kristin,
let me just say that "church work" is one of the most exhausting things ever. don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't get tired or feel burned out because you're working for the Lord. I know you're realizing this now, but I just want to make sure you know this...it's because you're not only investing physical energy intellectual strength, but you're constantly exerting emotional and spiritual energy as well, and that is extremely exhausting. God wants you to rest!! how can you function properly otherwise?
so take time for yourself and God. seriously. read a book that has nothing to do with anything--just something you enjoy. go to the park. spend an hour not answering your phone...and TRY to go to a church service every now and then when you don't have to sing. you have to allow God to replenish you if you're going to have anything to give to your congregation.
from one worshipper to another...God bless your rest! ;)
Post a Comment