My new wonderful friend...and blog-reader...Dan has already become someone that I love. Not only does he exhude a cheerfulness that I hope to always have a piece of, but he also is so helpful. He points out my spelling mistakes ("epitome" without a "y" - got it!) , but we also both have a heart for worship and have shared what we've learned in songs and lyrics. He sent me a song this week called "If it Wasn't for Your Love" by Heather Headley. The words are cool, but you should download it and have a listen. It's a really great song.
Would I be standing here
After all these years
Among the stars above?
Maybe not if it wasn't for your love.
Smiling faces all I have,
Like when the king has just been crowned.
A battle has been won
That I'd have lost,
If it wasn't for your love.
A fairytale unfolds
More true than stories I've been told.
At last my chance to shine
And all in perfect time.
A life I once dreamed of,
Who'd have thought?
If it wasn't for your love...
And oh the wonderful surprise
To have a light so bright it blinds, it blinds my eyes.
But finally I see, how it feels to live a dream.
But would I have touched the sky,
Ever flown so high - oh, not I -
If it wasn't for your love.
I relate to many songs. Some in their entirety, some only in part. There's one line in particular that really struck a chord with me. At last my chance to shine, and all in perfect time. A life I once dreamed of, who'd have thought? I tend to try and do things on my own. And by my own accord, on my own strengths. Then I'm always surprised when I fall on my face in failure. Because the life that I dream of isn't mine, it's the Lord's. And in those moments when I am allowed to shine, it's the few times that I remember this and lay my pride before the Lord. When I let His love shine through me and people can see Him more than they see me.
This is something that I strive for...and continue to work on. I lose the battles on my own and can only claim the victories I have because I've allowed God to lead the way. I can't imagine a life without God's love. And anyone can have it...you just have to let Him in. Feel that tugging? That still, small voice in the back of your head? That count of all the things gone wrong that you're trying to do on your own? Wondering when things will turn around and start to go your way? Yep. That's God knocking. He wants in. And if you're not quite sure how to open the door, ask for help. I'll help you do it - because I know I don't have to do it on my own.
*Afterthought: I wrote this last night and then this morning at church, Naeem actually talked about the verse that says, "Here I am. I stand at the door and knock. Anyone who hears my voice should let me in." Whoa. That's pretty sweet. Check it out on the Mosaic Charlotte Podcast from iTunes or click here to download the iWant message.
6.03.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment