1.16.2008


I know that you can't prove God's existence strictly through experiences. But I'm not here to argue what I believe. I just want to tell you a story of how I saw God's hand at work. Of all the proof I need that God is living as an active participant in our lives today.

Debi's twins are finally here. After the long wait and the pregnancy...the tears and the concerns...the doctors visits and the prayer requests...they're here. And they are beautiful.



That's Connor Baker on the left and Landon Nicholas on the right.

I told Debi the other day that this birth is the most beautiful birth that I've ever been "involved" with. Because to me, as I know it is for Debi and Nick, these babies are a blessing straight from God.

Without going into all of the details, we got a little scared a couple of months ago that Connor wasn't growing quick enough. With twins it's not uncommon for one to be smaller or for them both to be small when they are born, but Connor wasn't growing nearly as quick as Landon and we were a little nervous about his size. So we prayed. We prayed and we prayed and we prayed about Connor's growth that he would start eating and get big like his brother so he would be healthy when he was born. And not only did God answer our prayers and take care of Connor...but he was bigger than Landon when he was born. He came out the bigger baby! And that's why I cried in the hospital room when we visited them. Because I could see our answered prayers. I saw evidence of God at work.

Connor was born first at 8:59 this morning, weighing in at 6lbs, 5oz and Landon was born just a minute later at 9:00 this morning, weighing in at an even 6lbs.

We didn't get to hold them today because they are fragile little lovies, still small and succeptible to our germs, but as soon as I'm back in town, I will visit them again. They are both healthy and so is mom. Debi and Nick are just as happy as can be.

Keep their family in your continued prayers. They are beautiful people with 2 new beautiful babies. And I know that God has big blessings in store for them.

1 comment:

José A. Noy said...

Thats awesome!