3.21.2006

Bagels from Heaven

Remember in Exodus when Moses and all his homeys (the Isrealites) were wandering around in the desert? They were all like, "Dude! We should have stayed in Egypt and been slaves because at least we would have had plenty of food to eat!" (I, I guarantee you, would have been that very Isrealite!) They were all complaining about not having their chocolate chip cookies and pizza...or whatever it was that they would've eaten then. (That's what I'd be missing!) Moses and Aaron were like, "Hello! Why are you complaining about no food? You think that you're complaining about us not providing for you, but reeeeeeally, you're complaining about God. And that's some serious business." Ok. HOLD UP! Because that was totally me on Sunday...

We have movie night every week and I love it. It's my main time to get to know new people and hang out and just have fun with other Mosaicanites. I like to play hostess every week (I say "play" hostess because it's not technically at my house), but this week my regular partners in crime (Gil and Joel) were M.I.A. So! It was up to me. (Really, we all know who's in charge regardless of whether they're present or not, but I'll let them keep the dream alive...) ;) I usually help the food situation by taking some myself, but since this month's bank account is just about M.I.A. itself so I decided it was for the best to just leave it to everyone else this week. Well!! Apparently that was the case for EVERYONE because it was like 7:30 and we had 20-ish people there and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to eat!!! Ah! I tried to play it cool and continue as the hostess with the mostest, but inside I was freaking out. Of course, it had to be the week that I was running it on my own that this would happen! So I'm grumbling in my head about why no one decided to bring anything and was just about to walk out the door to run to Food Lion when...(enter the choir of angels singing here)...James and Jaime walk in with 3 BAGS of PANERA!!! Seriously, we had so much food that I ended up forcing people to take some home AND I've been eating it for breakfast every morning. :) Thank you, Jesus, for providing food for all of those people, even AFTER I was grumbling about them and their failing to provide for me. I guess it wasn't them I was grumbling against, but the Lord. And THAT, as I said, is some serious business. I personally think that God has a GREAT sense of humor and I think that he may have just prolonged James and Jaime's entrance at my expense. Not to punish me or anything evil like that, just for a laugh. And maybe to teach me a lesson! ha I definitely learned it and I'm glad that God was able to laugh at me all night. I really think that He did...I just kept getting this feeling of that. :) Not in humilitiation, but just because it takes me so long to remember who's in charge sometimes. Hey. If it's going to make God roll on the floor, then I guess I'm glad not to be perfect! Thanks for providing, Lord! Aaaaaand that it was pastries from Panera instead of manna...how incredible!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! And we also benefitted since we confiscated a pastry ring and took it to Greenville for breakfast (actually it turned in to a late night snack!)
Thanks for taking care of the house and all the peeps while we were gone!
Ash