So today was a workday and I love it because I get to watch shows that I love but never get to see. I watched "Regis and Kelly" because I think Kelly Rippa is TOO cute and hilarious and I want to be her. I watched "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" because it makes me feel smart and then I watched "The Cosby Show" because, well, duh. It's the best ever. Eventually that afternoon lull hits when it's all really old movies or soap operas and there's nothing good on. So I checked out the movies that Jody had brought and grabbed an old favorite..."My Best Friend's Wedding." It's funny because I can literally quote that movie in it's entirety. (I know because I tried it today. And I can.) So I'm watching the movie and it gets to the end credits. And then I start to cry. haha Not actual tears, I guess, just teary-eyed. You're probably thinking I'm a little off my rocker for crying at the credits rather than the movie itself, but I have good reason. As I'm lugging desks around my room, I just listened to the words of the song rolling with the credits and I took it as a reminder of how incredible my life is. And this all thanks to the God that never leaves us. The song's called "I'll be Okay" and it's by Amanda Marshall:It's time to let you go.
It's time to say goodbye.
There's no more excuses.
No more tears to cry.
There's been so many changes,
I was so confused.
All along you were the one.
All the time I never knew.
I want you to be happy.
You're my best friend.
But it's so hard to let you go now,
All that could have been.
I'll always have the memories.
She'll always have you.
Fate has a way of changing
Just when you don't want it to.
Throw away the chains.
Let love fly away.
'Till love comes again...
I'll be okay.
Life passes so quickly.
You gotta take the time.
Or you'll miss what really matters,
You'll miss all the signs.
I've spent my life searching
For what was always there.
Sometimes it will be too late.
Sometimes it won't be fair.
I won't give up.
I won't give in.
I can't recreate what just might have been.
I know that my heart will find love again.
Now is the time to begin.
Throw away the chains.
Let love fly away.
'Till love comes again...
I'll be okay.
Sometimes life isn't fair. Sometimes it changes just when I don't want it to and it seems like things will never be the same. But I can't go back to how life was and I can't dwell on the hurts and the memories. I have to move on from situations and disappointments and see all of the beauty in life that awaits me right now. God will never give up on me (or you!) and He doesn't want me to miss what really matters in life. Stop searching. God will provide me with whatever I need if I trust and rely on him.
I am (more than) okay. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment