Jody and I are moving into a 2 bedroom apartment next year and the rent is going up by QUITE a lot. Like an extra $125 a month. Plus our cable and alarm are no longer included. So that'll be extra, too. And we need to get furniture. And my car insurance is ridiculous. And I can't afford to eat healthy so the clothes are fitting nice and tight. And I have to buy a plane ticket to fly to Illinois. And lots of wedding presents. And I HAVE NO MONEY!!! I haven't bought new clothes in months and I can't even affod to get my nails done! Where is it all going?! Aaaahhhhhh...I am NOT being stupid with my money, so WHAT is the deal?!These, all words of wisdom from my own mouth this very afternoon. And then God looked down on me...and laughed.
I seriously think He has the best sense of humor ever. Because everytime I'm like "AH, GOD! I CAN'T DO THIS, I CAN'T!," He reminds me that I don't have to worry about it. What was it this time? The fact that I was going to eat Saltines for dinner, but we have company. So, naturally, ordering pizza came up and we figured that we would probably be able to scrape some change together to work it out. So Kate calls Papa and we get a large pizza and breadsticks for the 4 of us to share. The conversation sounds all normal from our end until she hangs up the phone and says, "Since we had a problem last time - they forgot to bring our breadsticks - the whole thing is FREE!" At that, Angela, Jody, Kate and I are all on our feet, screaming. :) Then we all started laughing and said at the same time how good - and funny - the Lord is. He so provides...and never fails to! Why is it that we can't remember that when we're all stressing about buying new houses and renting apartments? When we're looking for new (or summer) jobs? When we're wondering how we are going to eat? When we're trying to remember what the words "savings account" even mean?
Thank you, Lord, for this very surprising - and amusing - blessing. We will surely tip the pizza guy and sing him a little song for our gratitude.

No comments:
Post a Comment